Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

I am carrying out a refurbishment job on this old panel board and fitting in a new panel board from Schneider. The current supply to this building...
Replies
Views
Hi looking fir a recent table that shows SWA CSA converted to Copper equivalent CSA please for number of conductors and sizes. Lots of articles...
Replies
Views
I'm converting a warehouse that was an exhibition space into a trampoline park. Need to: Replace twenty flouro tube lights with LED equivalents...
Replies
Views
I'm ready for the abuse but I think I'm having a brain fart.... I'm fabricating a small centrifuge oil panel, all materials are here for me, it's...
Replies
Views
I've been asked to confirm that our site electricity meter is accurate! Easy on a small site, but 6 cable feed,and a few thousand amps, leaves me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice, I've been asked to take a look at a brake system on a goods lift. The lift is very old and unreliable with...
Replies
Views
Hi people, Setup: Connect TPN supply from meter to 315A fuse switch (mounted on same surface <3m away) feeding busbar chamber. Will use 95mm...
Replies
Views
Hello all, can anyone clarify what this requires on a dno supply that needs to be upgraded. In regards to the earthing system, the application has...
Replies
Views
Can anybody explain the discrimination overlaps in the attached protection study? For example, a Live to earth fault in the downstream OCPD and...
Replies
Views
I have been given a compressor motor and asked if I can make it work. It is missing its capacitors, anyone fancy guiding me through specifying the...
Replies
Views
Question for someone... recently inspected a 3phase 415v supply socket and noticed it's protected by a 40amp 30ma rccb... Income supply only has...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have been asked to install some AC 3 phase units totalling 362amps. This is only the power required for the ac units and not the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I’ve been a long time lurker on this forum and has gained some valuable knowledge from here! Decided to join up and see what’s what ...
Replies
Views
F
Hi Guys, any help is really appreciated! Want to wire a start button while using a three phase contactor. Contactor has A1 and A2 for coil and is...
Replies
Views
Is there a 230v 3 pin commando polarity tester that is a reasonable price? I have seen the Martindale one at £45.00 Ideally i would like one about...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
So, some of us tape over the cylindrical part of a ring crimp. Advantage is it gives some form of insulation against accidental contact...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to purchase a Trumpf laser table that uses 90 amps and wanting to run from a 150KW diesel generator. Can this be done and if so, what...
Replies
Views
I've been asked about providing inline surge protection for the UPS supplies in numerous network cabinets around our factory and I'm hoping...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice, I have been issued a drawing of a large warehouse lighting layout. the drawing shows 72 high bay lights...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was wondering if there is any information anywhere regarding busbar bolted connections? recently working on two lots of terminations...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a newbie to the forum. Could you please help me to understand the wiring diagram of the attached device. Thank you in advance
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have measured an earth leakage on twin Flo light fittings (2x58W fittings) in open plan office. Office has 18x twin Flo light...
Replies
Views
The hoist brake coil is a 48VDC coil. The original electrical system for the coil involved a transformer (480VAC-48VAC), rectifier, and...
Replies
Views
Need some advice on designing a dump rinse controller. We work on a budget and its bare minimum, our equipment is outdated and needs refreshed...
Replies
Views
Well guys , I have been looking at a big contactor for a power factor unit which is buzzing mad and causing a lot of vibration/noise to adjacent...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Where I can buy descent feeder pillar except Lucy and Schneider. Minimum 6 ways with a max 200 A rating .
Replies
Views
What is the cause if Mitsubishi PLC shows an "XY error"
Replies
Views
hi all, end of last year as part of some agri work we had to re supply some barns. changing nothing to their install individually but from an...
Replies
Views
The project specification says, "All compression connectors for 10mm2 (8 AWG) and larger conductors shall have a manufacturer's reference...
Replies
Views
Advise please , I'm installing a endress and hauser system to gauge level in a DI water tank and I'm having difficulty wiring it . The instrument...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a new Job starting tomorrow on Conveyor Systems its my first time working on them. I was just wondering if anyone on here can tell me...
Replies
Views
Thought i would put this out there for any experience faced with this design issue. TP Immersion heater 11KW, has built in contactor, coil...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a client who has bought some import MCC's. The components used in the cabinets are all branded the usually makes, abb telemech etc...
Replies
Views
Ok contractors on site have jointed a existing 4x70 to a new 4x70 to extend onto a chemical process panel and I was testing same today . Phase...
Replies
Views
Hi all, After some advice. i have a run of 50mm 4 core on a farm to reinstate some GP buildings. 100A feed, with fused disconnect at the origin...
Replies
Views
hi guys hope you all doing good so here my question the input voltage of the VFD (altivar 71) is 400v but when start in mode run the output...
Replies
Views
Hello all, after some advice please. I have got a small job installing some 16a commando sockets in a farm workshop. The workshop has a 3ph sub...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice involved in Earthing & Bonding in decanting of Flammable liquids. Any electrician been hands on in chemical manufacturing...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am looking for a rectifier as attached file, but i don't know maker for this product, Can someone tell me, Thanks,
Replies
Views
Hi there Normally we know people won't feel electric shock if they touch a live 24V cable. but when I was working in a factory, many operators...
Replies
Views
Is it required for lights to be listed and labeled in the United States, Tennessee? What are the OSHA and NEC requirements pertaining to this (not...
Replies
Views
anyone able to help me with this motor? its a dc motor with forced vent. i am trying to find a suitable motor drive for it but the nameplate is...
Replies
Views
I have a 50 HP Quincy rotary screw air compressor. It was running fine and I shut it down to change filters yesterday. After locking out the...
Replies
Views
4 core, 10mm SWA cable feeding a trace heating installation. The Installer has stated he wants to use 2 cores as 2 phases and 2 cores as Neutrals...
Replies
Views
Help requested with 11kV, 3MW generator. Our generator has just returned from a major overhaul, and we are in the process of recommissioning the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Have a problem with a Omron Switch mode power supply & Omron Control Relay Which is only switching a 3phase mixer paddle to stir liquid...
Replies
Views
I'm looking at a German made roller conveyor system 10 motors contactors controlled by a PLC Issue is customer says 3 mths ago motors started...
Replies
Views
Hi Alll, Need help. i am looking for a any documentations ( manual, elec diagram etc. ) for: Atalanta generator type Vanguard E 171 or can be...
Replies
Views
So Our Centaur 50 Turbine engine shutdown on High Fwd Gearbox Vibration. SD set point is 16G. Looked at the trends and for two hours spiked from...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock