Currently reading:
Can i use a Reed switch to detect if my motor is spinning?

Discuss Can i use a Reed switch to detect if my motor is spinning? in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, easily, either as a go/no go signal or speed proportional voltage etc.

It's a simple job for whoever is designing the analog side of things. E.g. an F-to-V can be implemented by triggering a monostable with the pulses and rectifying and LPF'ing the output. But as SheffSimon points out, before getting to this level of detail one needs a lot more info on what it is trying to achieve, which isn't really practical on an open forum. We can knock ideas about at a conceptual level though .

With a view to keeping things simple again, might you look into a fan with an integral or attached centrifugal switch which closes when it is running at a high enough speed? Connect the contacts (Normally Open) on each fan and wire them in series and use this combined switch (Logical AND) to confirm all fans are running to cool the glass; and as the safety logic in the control of power to a gas valve for the burner? If any fan drops below speed or stops the gas is cut off.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fan....1.69i57j0.13861j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
[automerge]1574154467[/automerge]
I'd also include a thermal trip device (my #7) in series with the power supply to the gas valve.

Last edited:

Reply to Can i use a Reed switch to detect if my motor is spinning? in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back