Currently reading:
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

So it’s a new DB mounted on top of an old 3036 board carcass, with the original earthing terminal still in situ. It was actually hidden behind the back of the plastic DB, I took at it with a pair of pliers to expose it!

The RCD is just there for decoration now, it’s been bypassed. If you look closely you’ll see a brown tail going into the bottom of the last circuit on the left to provide power.
Out of interest I wired it correctly to see if the RCD would trip out and it didn’t, and I didn’t pick up anything on the EICR either!

I reckon that was a DIY job, you just couldn't make such an awful mess of meter tails if you tried, that and a dozen other things.
Not so sure about the DIY. With some of the crap these days it wouldn't surprise me if they were with one of the scams.
Got the wibbly wobblies with them tails.......in the unit, they look like Olive Oil's legs on Popeye.

Was the pen holder an extra? That's where they always get you on these machine, the extras list....
I remember when British Leyland reduced the cost of a Mini by making the heater and spare wheel an extra, well we have gone back to selling cars without spare wheels, I think on the Mini it was to get the cost down below the cc of the engine, 850cc at that time only, the Cooper and Cooper S where in the distant future.

Bought a fairly new written off Hornet from an insurance company and rebuilt it into a new Mini shell, giving me a luxury version compared to the factory car
Registered it as a brand new car on my 18th birthday. TUO531J
I had a load of Mini's , I used to repair them as a side-line.
I lived in the country, providing the snow was not too deep they would go anywhere. To be honest forbye the usual gremlins they were quite reliable, and fun to drive.

My second was a mini, 2yr old 1000, without a scratch, for a grand.
First was a '62 Triumph Herald for £60 (LV 6571)....sold after 2yrs for £70.
That number plate would be worth a fair bit, these days.
Morris Minors all over the place with a fair few Austin A40's too.
Those elf's and hornets were a class up. Even then, BMC were taking over the smaller private firms.

My second was a mini, 2yr old 1000, without a scratch, for a grand.
First was a '62 Triumph Herald for £60 (LV 6571)....sold after 2yrs for £70.
That number plate would be worth a fair bit, these days.
Morris Minors all over the place with a fair few Austin A40's too.
Those elf's and hornets were a class up. Even then, BMC were taking over the smaller private firms.
I had a 1959 Riley 1.5 , twin one and a half inch carbs, Nice interior ,walnut veneer dash. like the proverbial off a shovel. Basically a Morris Minor chassis . It was prone to rust too. I think they were all prone to the tin worm then, even the higher marques ,particularly Jags.

Other than Volvo (I think) most cars rusted like mad until about 20 years ago when they all seemed to get much better. But some (e.g. 70s Vauxhalls) seemed to go before they were paid off, let alone 5-10 years of life!

That used to be a typical bloke's Saturday activity, if not at the football it was rubbing down and repainting rusty bits on their cars!

even winter tyres are useless on ice, unless you are 4wd and lsd. even then you'll have sometracrion but still skid. onlty thing is studded or spliked tyres.but is it worth the epense for sa couple weeks of icy rods. bring om global warming. problem solved.

even winter tyres are useless on ice, unless you are 4wd and lsd. even then you'll have sometracrion but still skid. onlty thing is studded or spliked tyres.but is it worth the epense for sa couple weeks of icy rods. bring om global warming. problem solved.
That's ok, we will all be going around in boats by then, when the sea level rises, so no need for tyres. Though the salty water may still present a problem for the tin boats ?

They were notorious for rotting at the strut tops and rear spring hangers. The rest of the car was in a rush to keep up with them. Particularly the front wings around the headlights.
mine was actually the rear chassis close to the spring hanger.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock