Currently reading:
Mira Platinum Dual Shower

Discuss Mira Platinum Dual Shower in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, have an issue with our Mira platinum dual shower, the water flow stopped last week whilst in use and the wireless control unit showed the out of range symbol.
Have tried resetting, reconnecting and power cycling but the control unit is still out of range. Have had a plumber out who has advised that the glass fuse in the mixer unit is popping but could not tell me which part is faulty (pump motor, etc). Any ideas?

I suspect the reason you haven't received responses here is that it's difficult to give a meaningful answer.
Since the internal fuse has blown, the controller and receiver probably don't have power, and hence the remote can't get any response, confirmed by communication failure message.
From your post wording "the fuse is popping" I infer the plumber replaced it, but it blew again?
Without an internal wiring/ circuit diagram, and appropriate test equipment, it's difficult to divine what's wrong.
I feel the most realistic solution is to grit one's teeth and ask Mira for a fixed price repair at £350! If you try to DIY repair on the basis of changing things that might be 'the fault', you could end up spending a lot and still not fixing it.

Thanks for the reply, yes the plumber replaced the fuse and it blew again.
Replacing the pump, or the PCB is circa £250 each so it looks like the Mira fixed price might be the right option

Reply to Mira Platinum Dual Shower in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back