Search the forum,

Discuss Persons experienced in steel conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I also see a lot of older houses on youtube wired fully in MC cable

Do you still use a lot of MC or is it out of fashion now ?
I’ve never seen someone use MC cable in Homes we use NMS or romex which is the same thing. MC cable is always used in commercial applications. Industrial is always either cable tray or IMC conduit

I personally wouldn’t ever use MC cable in Domestic it’s a lot more expensive than Romex and to me it’s a pain in the but and you would have to use metal boxes. I use plastic boxes and reason is you don’t have to bond plastic

It looks to me that a lot of the older houses from the 1950s and 1960s were wired using MC ?

It looks to me that a lot of the older houses from the 1950s and 1960s were wired using MC ?
It probably was but what I run into on a lot of old homes is knob and tube wiring which if you do any work on them homes code enforcement demands you bring it up to today’s standards
[automerge]1582986202[/automerge]
It probably was but what I run into on a lot of old homes is knob and tube wiring which if you do any work on them homes code enforcement demands you bring it up to today’s standards

I try and stay away from those knob and tube homes because it’s a lot of work for a total rewire. Too old for that work, I sub that out to others for a fee

Reply to Persons experienced in steel conduit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back