Currently reading:
New Zealand radiators

Discuss radiators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iamelectric

i know this is not electrical but i need some advice , where is the best place to put radiators ? under a window or by the door to the room , googled it but mixed answers , anyone know

yes this was my thinking , getting a knew combi and the dipsh*t from the council told my missus that it would lose all the heat there and wants to put the new one behind the door , a reckon the lazy B just want an easyier and less route for pipes

OK ...... here's my take on it as a bloke wot's spent a looong time doing this sort of work.

Back in the days before UPVC window frames and double glazing, it was considered best to put the radiator under the window for the reasons stated above in post #2.

However, since UPVC and double and triple glazing became fashionable and draughts and chills etc. virtually eliminated, the radiator may be placed anywhere in the room that is most convenient.

My own preference is still under the window and just last week I fitted a system to my mates house with all but the hallway rad. under the windows.

My thinking is that the wall under a window can't reasonably be used to stand furniture against - especially in a bedroom - so it makes sense to use it to hang the radiator on it.

is there no plumbers or heating engineers on this pretending to be sparks , that would know the answer to this for deffo surely its something that you would learn in college , i cant be bothered joining a plumbers forum and pretending to be one and i need to know if i am correct before i phone the guy and give him pelters

Did you not read Geordies reply?

if you can't be bothered for your own sake why should others?

- - - Updated - - -

is there no plumbers or heating engineers on this pretending to be sparks , that would know the answer to this for deffo surely its something that you would learn in college , i cant be bothered joining a plumbers forum and pretending to be one and i need to know if i am correct before i phone the guy and give him pelters

Well there's me or you can PM Chris Murphy for a second opinion. He knows his stuff and is a member here.

Reply to radiators in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock