Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical Engineering Chat - A forum for electrical engineers, electrical engineering students, and those who have been electrical engineers for a while. ;) - Chat electricals and electrics on ElectriciansForums.net :).

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

I feel very very stupid but I started to hammer a small nail Into the wall and heard a clang when I hit with the hammer (not hard) I immediately...
Replies
Views
Hi all, existing office building that is being refurbished. Existing DBs (single meter for small power & lighting) need to be replaced. Should...
Replies
Views
Would a small UPS, running on batteries, be a suitably stable 230v 50hz supply while I do some tinkering with the loop calibration settings on an...
Replies
Views
Hi, now everything is SPD's I've been told they need to be on their own MCB. So incoming line goes through the main switch then busbar then MCB...
Replies
Views
I have an original 250w glow plug in my 8yr old pellet boiler that's used to light the pellets during the start up phase on my boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
I personally think the EV concept needs a new approach. Instead of spending hours recharging the EV the user just swaps the discharged battery...
Replies
Views
Im making a led array out of 8 100 watt led's and I want to put something in between my battery pack and the array that can adjust the voltage...
Replies
Views
O
Hello all and thank you for your help in advance. I have been charged with finding the following information out for work and as I'm sure you...
Replies
Views
An apprentice ran my cabling and fitted socket covers works signed off by a third party certification - any issues with this?
Replies
Views
With fossil fuel energy on its way out, I have been trying to come up with a way to save the energy we now use. Here is what I came up with. May...
Replies
Views
hobbyist question: If I'm running a pelton wheel generating x watts, is it enough power to pump out the same amount of water used to create current?
Replies
Views
Please be as honest as you can all, I'm looking for real honest views before I waste thousands of pounds and my few remaining years of working...
Replies
Views
if a 420 watt 12 vdc led light draws roughly 35 amps, what would the draw be on a generator putting out 120vac with a 120vac to12vdc converter
Replies
Views
Afternoon, is there any requirement for electrical cabinets to be all metal? Or is any flame retardant ok? It’s for a basic PLC cabinet with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have taken over a design engineering job for industry. The design is using a 400V/110V transformer. Usually, the 110V is single phase...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a design engineer (2 years out of apprenticeship). I am in the process of amending some designs that are not quite to our company...
Replies
Views
So, a flat 6 floors and above needs an AFDD on each socket circuit. At up to £150 each it is going to be an expensive undertaking if there are...
Replies
Views
Hi senior members of the forum, I need advice on couple of questions about Rio and BHP specs for electrical installation purposes. What is the...
Replies
Views
What would be my gain margin if my phase angle doesn't cross -180? Thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Just an idle thought - has anyone any experience of using the DC output of solar panels to directly feed an immersion heater, to avoid the expense...
Replies
Views
Few days ago, I bought a solar panel. It's rating was 6v and 450 mA. But when I measured with my multimeter, It shows around 5.25v to 5.85v and...
Replies
Views
Hi hs anyone done distance learning on this course if so could you tell me how it was deliverd i mean was it video where they explain or was it...
Replies
Views
What is the difference from a simple lghtning rod vs the modern ones they sell for 1,000pounds ? Do these really work so much better ?
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question about diversity and load utilisation factor with Trimble software. Say we have a 3ph 150kW load with 0.8 pf which gives...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping for a little advice. I work in the Asbestos industry and we manufacture mobile decontamination units we follow the HSE 247 that...
Replies
Views
Hi All I hope this topic makes sense for this forum and somebody can help me to understand. This is what I understand (please allow numerical...
Replies
Views
Hi, morning EF. I was looking at a single phase motor yesterday attached to hydraulic pump for cardboard bailing machine that seems to be...
Replies
Views
Hello. I know its probably a long shot but i have this part [from a roberts radio] and the middle component got burned. anyone knows if said board...
Replies
Views
What happens if we switch only certain vectors of Space Vector PWM(SVPWM). For e.g. V1, V3 and V5?
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I have 10W solar panel, a 7000 mah battery and 10A charge controller. there is 7 hours of light a day i have 3W little camera which...
Replies
Views
I wasn't quite sure where to post this random question, but I'm fairly sure that some of the geniuses on this forum will have some ideas. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone I am programming L&T make WL4000 energy meter. When I change the CT Primary to 400 the LED K is on meaning the meter reads in kWh...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question regarding modelling on Trimble. If we have an MCCB that has LSI protection but has a separate earth fault relay can this...
Replies
Views
at first glance i thought it was volcanized rubber but it is tough like PVC and the sheath is much bigger than the cores they are loose inside
Replies
Views
Need to build a replacement panel controlling controlling site entrance barrier, goes up in morning down at night. Not done many panels but have...
Replies
Views
What is the benefit of connecting a sync gen in either star or delta? I’m trying to get my head round both methods. Do most stand by generators...
Replies
Views
To avoid distracting another thread... @Julie helpfully said that an RCD can be used with an IT system to achieve disconnection after the second...
Replies
Views
Hello, With regards to Trimble software for bs7671 cable sizing. I understand that a three phase circuit (No neutral) is one circuit and this can...
Replies
Views
Hello, Does anyone know if Trimble can be used for cable calculations for equipment with an IT earthing system? If not could you please point me...
Replies
Views
My wife is a painter and I am looking for contemporary picture light that looks great when lit with a warm bulb for soft lighting. Found some...
Replies
Views
R
My first post after extensive Googling. I'm qualified as an elctronics engineer (retired) Posting this question here in hopes that an enquiring...
Replies
Views
I"m a student learning motor controls and created a challenge for myself but am stuck. Here is the challenge: Challenge 1 A) Using a blower...
Replies
Views
I am building an alternator of my own. I have found that by putting 6 points around my magnets crates an insanely larger amount of electricity...
Replies
Views
So, for a bit of completely pointless fun really, does this antique looking item that was acquired entirely for novelty/aesthetics value work...
Replies
Views
This is for my speech. Hello my name is Tyson. I am gonna ask you a few questions. What are your thoughts about the job? Is this job challenging...
Replies
Views
I have an interesting job/project coming up - a heritage railway has a Mk3 Sleeper Railway Carriage which they intend to use for volunteer...
Replies
Views
Hi First time poster, I have a 250w solar panel and a 90ah 12v battery. What size regulator / controller do I need please? Is it as simple as...
Replies
Views
Got an emergency call out from a very worried old lady the other night - the power at her apartment had gone off and the kitchen light was...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock