Questions and electrical advice in the Electrical Engineering Chat - A forum for electrical engineers, electrical engineering students, and those who have been electrical engineers for a while. ;) - Chat electricals and electrics on ElectriciansForums.net :).

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Hello everyone ? It's totally confusing for me. It is my understanding that the neutral and the ground busbars should be connected at the main...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to make a short pulse generator from any pulse input. By this I mean I want a final output with a fixed pulse width no matter...
Replies
Views
Hi guys looking for some guidance ,i am assisting with the renovation of an old building that contains a commercial kitchen and restaurant the...
Replies
Views
Hi, All I have a megger LTW325 and fluke 1664FC to measure loop impedance by using high current mode. But both results are quite different...
Replies
Views
Hi, With regards to installation methods on Amtech, I have a question regarding cable ducts. I believe amtech assumes cable ducts buried in soil...
Replies
Views
On a recent EICR i have measured 0.589 MegOhms (@250 volts) on the relatively old lighting circuit (red/black PVC wiring) , i have replaced both...
Replies
Views
Dear Members, My name is Abdulhakim am from kenya, i work with an electrical company by name Link-up Power Engineers dealing with industrial...
Replies
Views
I did a VLF and IR test on my 33kv cable and IR resulted between 80 to 100Mega Ohms on all the phases and VLF between 0.270 to 0.470mA is the cable ok
Replies
Views
Hello, I was put on to this site by someone from reddit so sorry if i'm posting in the wrong place. Unfortunately I (24yo male in Norfolk, UK) was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Interested in the breaking capacity of this fuse... 4kA? Anyone know for sure? Thanks
Replies
Views
I have woken up after one of the RCDs tripped in my house. I have managed to figure out that it is a plug socket in my kitchen that is tripping...
Replies
Views
Took a swa cable to an outside metal shed, earthed at house end but insulated at shed end. Installed earth rods and got reading of 58ohm . all...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have an exam coming up shortly. Would anyone have a sample paper. It's the electrical and electronic diploma, unit 308. It's a written...
Replies
Views
I am using a 3 phase 4 wire surge suppressor on a single phase 240V mains. Is it still okay or will it have some back feed impact on the mains system?
Replies
Views
The 232 protocol command of AMX's NP-Rel8 relay has to hit the enter key at the end, which command can I use instead of it. Now this central...
Replies
Views
Hi I am reconfiguring a hot wash unit and need to use a flow switch as in attached files. It controls a light powered relay and timer module I...
Replies
Views
Was called to a lighting fault yesterday, the lounge light would sometimes switch off when another light was switched on, easy I thought a loose...
Replies
Views
Bit of a random question but I’ve got a practice reason for asking. I know with a lot of control circuit timers and relays they state on them what...
Replies
Views
I was asked to "just fit a bigger breaker" by a plumber who had installed an electric shower for a customer. Bit surprised he hadn't finished the...
Replies
Views
Can someone explain to me please how a substation converts high voltage three wire to low voltage 4 wire?
Replies
Views
Apologies from a newbie if this is in the wrong place. A contractor is going to trace all underground utilities in an area, including electrical...
Replies
Views
Not getting continuity on r1, rn and r2. But the sockets are working fine, Amy ideas what the issue could be, I'm checking behind each socket.
Replies
Views
Hello, I know that for 4-20ma transmitters twisted pair cable should be used with the screen grounded at one end only. However for digital signals...
Replies
Views
We have a drawing that shows a solenoid valve panel( containing approx 40 valves) being powered from an adjacent control panel by a 24vDc PSU...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to convert the Furnas Drum Switch in my boathouse to wireless - The switch controls the winch in my boathouse and lets boat...
Replies
Views
I have a four camera wired system. I fancy adding a 5th camera. I have an idea that someone may have invented a splitter box that could rotate...
Replies
Views
So looking at a system that utilises a couple of sizable UPS unit to supply various equipment through a site. The UPS is static with 3 phase...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just completed some fault finding on a ring final, as I couldn't get continuity on the CPC, and I found most of the metal back boxes and...
Replies
Views
My dad is a fisherman and his boat has a 24v supply. Was wondering if anyone could help me with this. He has said that when he connects a 24v...
Replies
Views
This coffee machine is three phase model number sm 105e It’s three phase with 3 brown cables one neutral and earth What is the cheapest way to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Does anyone provide backup power for when having to turn off power to an occupied house for long periods of time ? I've got to turn off the...
Replies
Views
Can someone please help me understand what these symbols mean in the attached picture
Replies
Views
In a small restaurant theres a single phase supply just wondering what size converter i would need to convert 3 phase to single phase and what...
Replies
Views
I came up with an idea that could possibly produce more useful energy than is required to keep the system running & no it is not a perpetual...
Replies
Views
I’m 29 studying electrical engineering level 6 in Scotland. And from what I’ve seen modern apprenticeships are only available to 18-24 year olds...
Replies
Views
In my first job from school I was eventually worked out as computers took over. Recent adverts (Google smart thermostats) had me wondering just...
Replies
Views
Hello Ladies, Gentleman, Fellow Sparks, I'm Rob Argent, New to the site, Former 15th edition electrician now last 18 years Integrated Security...
Replies
Views
I have just disconnected a 3p compressor on a 16mm armoured but inside the isolator each phase was on connectors then dropped to 2.5mm flex And...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am currently an Electrician and have been for 10 years now. Going to cut straight to the point... I am wanting to look down the...
Replies
Views
A Friend of mine has asked if I know anything about this Company Unicourse to do an online HNC Electrical engineering, it's not his first...
Replies
Views
Anyone have any experience and/or software for directax 3 servo controller? Need some help fault finding. Thanks in advance.
Replies
Views
I am needing to know if this wiring diagram is showing a few things: 1: Does this show a 3 phase to single phase conversion? 2: Does this show...
Replies
Views
Hello i've recently just had a re wire done on a three bed semi house, Ive noticed a few things im not 100 percent on ive spoken to the firm that...
Replies
Views
S
Im interested in doing the HNC building services engineering (electrical).........Is anyone taking this course by distance learning? Any...
Replies
Views
Advice please Garage radial running from 32 Amp MCB with 4mm T/E supplying Multiple 13 amp sockets which are only used one at a time . New...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
An electrician has stated that he will not sign off work done by someone else he stated "all or nothing". Just want to check how many electricians...
Replies
Views
This should have been a straight forward install, and maybe it should be and I'm just being an a***, so be interested to know what you would have...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, I am a licensed electrician, old school, and I am just now getting actively involved with batteries, inverters etc. Would anyone...
Replies
Views
In Short: I need help designing a circuit between a receiving induction coil and a battery load. Longer Explanation: I am entering a science fair...
Replies
Views
Hi all Been in electrical/electronics for many years and am now semi retired but keeping my hand in, but is it just me, my age or what but back...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock