Search the forum,

Discuss 100w bulb into a 60w fitting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Brian - the bulbs she used were from a company called Acorn Solutions (personally, never heard of them). 100w. Warm white 2800K. 1000 hr (that's a joke). Their HQ is in Kowloon, Hong Kong. Any expereince of Acorn Solution anyone?

I think that probably answers the question!

As above, get some good quality warm white LEDs in place.

And good luck to her - many more years to come hopefully, just with less lamp changing!

My neighbours know to come to me for their replacement filament bulbs. I have a couple of boxes of 60W and 100W...well, I did have,m but they are running out now due to high demand!
I also have a good supply of those long tubes for under-cabinet lights, in various sizes. One neighbour asked me to replace a couple of hers that had died...she had 11 of them daisy-chained under her wall units. As I attempted to take the old ones out, all the brown plastic end caps and the switches simply turned to dust and there was clear evidence of severe overheating everywhere in all the fittings. Fitted 3 Robus battens, which i rate quite highly, and all was better and brighter, with the option to switch between cool white and warm white.

My neighbours know to come to me for their replacement filament bulbs. I have a couple of boxes of 60W and 100W...well, I did have,m but they are running out now due to high demand!
I also have a good supply of those long tubes for under-cabinet lights, in various sizes. One neighbour asked me to replace a couple of hers that had died...she had 11 of them daisy-chained under her wall units. As I attempted to take the old ones out, all the brown plastic end caps and the switches simply turned to dust and there was clear evidence of severe overheating everywhere in all the fittings. Fitted 3 Robus battens, which i rate quite highly, and all was better and brighter, with the option to switch between cool white and warm white.

I had a couple of people ask me about replacement tubes for undercabinet lights. In both instances the old fittings were in similarly poor condition and both families were delighted with the improved lighting from 4000k LED battens at minimal additional cost.

I can't conceive of paying the cost of illuminating rooms with 100W incandesent lamps, when previous objections to CFL lamps have been overcome with the advent of readily available, low cost LED replacements.

Last edited:
@pirate You'd be doing your neighbours a much greater service if you explained to them the advantages of LED replacement lamps, especially the GLS filament type.

P.S. Nice email this morning, informing me that I'm going to be charged 30p per unit of electricity soon.

Last edited:

Reply to 100w bulb into a 60w fitting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back