Currently reading:
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

Just in cast you guys don't know it's a super size moon tonight, have a look it really is bigger than normal due to its elliptical orbit it is about 50,000Km closer than normal in real terms about 7% bigger.
Are you in to astronomy, or just a casual thing?

I really want to move to astrophotography, but overall it is just too expensive to do it properly, so I just observe with a 130mm newton in the garden.

I really want to move to astrophotography, but overall it is just too expensive to do it properly, so I just observe with a 130mm newton in the garden.
I had a 500mm lens with a 3x converter when I was a lot younger . I used to love to scan the moon . It stemmed back from my upbringing on a farm, especially in the winter nights in the days of the heavy snow searching for missing livestock.

Went back to the place with the dodgy conduit alterations. Wish I could have taken some more photos of the newly installed electrics. They keep mentioning 'their electrician' but its bloody obvious they are DIYing everything. I did manage though to get a photo of their DIY attempt at installing a fire alarm system that they put in last week:
brifire.jpg

While we were there found more stuff while correcting the conduit bits I posted a few weeks back. The singles were joined in behind the plasterboard and totally crushed between the woodwork and the wall at the top and couldn't be pulled out:
sww.jpg

We did sort the conduit though:
conn.jpg

I had a 500mm lens with a 3x converter when I was a lot younger . I used to love to scan the moon . It stemmed back from my upbringing on a farm, especially in the winter nights in the days of the heavy snow searching for missing livestock.
I still have my Tamron 500mm mirror lens I bought in about 1987 - managed to get it adapted to my Olympus digital last year and it worked quite well on the moon. I lack the patience to set it up properly though.

I would set up a time lapse, but the cat would likely have it over before I left the room!

I still have my Tamron 500mm mirror lens I bought in about 1987 - managed to get it adapted to my Olympus digital last year and it worked quite well on the moon. I lack the patience to set it up properly though.

I would set up a time lapse, but the cat would likely have it over before I left the room!
Yes it takes a lot of time , but it is worth it.
I was using Minolta SRT 303 at the time. (memory might be faded) . You need a fast shutter speed or the Moon is a rugby ball lol.
My mirror lens was just a cheap one , If Tamron made converters , it was a Tamron as I had a few Tamron lenses, but most of them were Rokker.
For a cheapish mirror lens the prints were good. I did them in black and white and developed and printed them myself.

Just in cast you guys don't know it's a super size moon tonight, have a look it really is bigger than normal due to its elliptical orbit it is about 50,000Km closer than normal in real terms about 7% bigger.
i prefer The Dark Side.

One of my many hobbies, I have a 250mm maksutov-cassegrain on a motorised polar mount set up in an observatory, I say observatory, but its really the workshop with a lift off lid pointing South, the prism mount eyepiece allows my Minolta to be used for Astro, quite satisfying, but pictures of star clusters leave me a bit cold, have some good photo's of the planets, the moon below taken 8th March 2007, if I remember correctly its 250 images taken over three hours, black and white on 1st Jan 2007 as a set up.

8 Mar 2007 - 1 of 1 (1).jpeg
1 Jan 2007 - 1 of 1.jpeg

Last edited:
One of my many hobbies, I have a 250mm maksutov-cassegrain on a motorised polar mount set up in an observatory, I say observatory, but its really the workshop with a lift off lid pointing South, the prism mount eyepiece allows my Minolta to be used for Astro, quite satisfying, but pictures of star clusters leave me a bit cold, have some good photo's of the planets, the moon below taken 8th March 2007, if I remember correctly its 250 images taken over three hours

View attachment 83969

Ah,

It's actually DSO's that I am more interested in, my screens background image is m51, I bought some time on a telescope took several images, stacked and blended R,G,B,Halpha, OIII, AND SII (plus all the darks etc) and got a half decent result.

It's soo expensive though, I ended up throwing away around 40% of the images as satellites etc passed during the exposures.

I would love a decent refractor plus dedicated camera and filter set up on a GEM, but haven't really anywhere to set it up, so both not practical and too expensive for me

It's actually DSO's that I am more interested in, my screens background image is m51, I bought some time on a telescope took several images, stacked and blended R,G,B,Halpha, OIII, AND SII (plus all the darks etc.

I know it don't ake much to confuse me but that does it in Spades. confused.com. ??

It's actually DSO's that I am more interested in, my screens background image is m51, I bought some time on a telescope took several images, stacked and blended R,G,B,Halpha, OIII, AND SII (plus all the darks etc.

I know it don't ake much to confuse me but that does it in Spades. confused.com. ??
DSO = deep sky objects, usually other galaxies
M51 = The catalogue number of a DSO in this case the whirlpool galaxy 1yd5cl5d9lo21.jpg

To create this sort of image you take loads of photos with a b&w camera with filters for the colours
R, G, B = Red, Green, Blue filters
Halpha = a narrow band filter based on the alpha line emissions of Hydrogen.
OIII = narrow band of Oxygen
S2 or SII = narrow band of Sulphur

These images are all blended together using colours, and so on to give an image.

The last bit is a type of telescope, camera, and mount

bloody expensive hobby. to do all that I'd be getting through at least 6 cases of beer.
Yup, that's the problem!

Last year I decided to buy time again, this time I did m27 (dumbbell nebula)
post-7121-0-89687800-1533261874.jpg
(Not my image)
But made a complete b***s of it and used time with the wrong telescope - ended up with a field of view too large, and such a tiny image that it was all completely worthless!

Around 8 hours ($140) thrown away.

Took my ball in and sulking since then!

Brilliant images Julie the M51 is one of the best I'v seen, I have no doubt you know but for others the Space station goes across tonight: Time: Tue Mar 30 10:14 PM, Visible: 4 min, Max Height: 79°, Appears: 10° above WNW, Disappears: 79° above ENE

maybe they were put so far away so that the Catholic Church could believe that the earth was the centre of the universe, then along came copper knickers with his telescope and almost got himself burnt at the stake for heresy.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock