Search the forum,

Discuss Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: Tell us about your faults !

faulty hand dryer behind stainless steel enclosure in toilets.
went to dry my hand in a night club the ex boss had renovated the electricians were supplied by the project management team. the set up is one of those stainless steel types where the water and the hand dryers are all together behind the enclosure. similar to what mac d`s used to have but about 3 mtrs long. washed the hands and put my hand up to activate the hand dryer.. not working?? brand new install moved over to the next one working fine. turned out they had forgot to fit the hand dryer and left the twin loose and live behind it when you used the dryer next to it it made the full front liive as the blower had the twing flapping around. that would have been an opening night not to have been forgotten if a punter had stuck his hand up wet in a state of drunkeness and grabbed the "get me a claim wire"l

Ah- finally got a picture of a whole one !!- this is a shrew ! I therfore claim the first ever attack on wiring by a shrew. The Shrew bit is definate, as this was at a Veterinary Premises (no they couldnt do any thing for it ) - they have frozen it pending advancement in science.

Attachments

• March 2010-Instalation Details. 010.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 700

Right 10.5Kw shower Vs 6mm with a lose neutral on a 45A breaker no RCD and it's mounted under the bath just for buggerations sake.:eek:
photo-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Then there's this one what could be the outcome of these pics. There is a lose neutral at light fitting which you can't tell form the Pic but what else?

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Right 10.5Kw shower Vs 6mm with a lose neutral on a 45A breaker no RCD and it's mounted under the bath just for buggerations sake.:eek:

Under the bath:confused: What behind the panel?

Then there's this one what could be the out come of these pics. There is loose neutral at light fitting which you can't tell form the Pic but what else?
They've missed an earth when putting on the tyewrap?:p

Looks to me like the fitting had been sitting at around 230v :D

The switch plate was also running at 230v, the earth for the switch line was terminated with the light fittings cpc fly lead, nice there was a nicked neutral touching the outer casing of the light. You can see it in the last picture of the blocks 2 earths at the end and the lone one in the center:eek:

was this the result of "60 minute make over " tv show? these ruddy progs should b banned making out u can alter test ect a full kitchen in 60mins ffs no wonder punters think we are ripping them off

Reply to Tell us about your faults! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock