Questions and electrical advice in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) - Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public). Chat with other electricians about Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV Systems. This area of the forum is public, if you want the out-of-public area that's access only, then you need to apply for access and prove you're in the trade. For obvious reasons!!.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Hi all, Requesting your help please! I know this is an old system but has been working amazingly for 7 years! I had an engineer out who done a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, A guy at work is after a wireless camera system. 6 wireless cameras. No power leads to cameras. Battery powered. Records onto a hard...
Replies
Views
My FIL wants a cctv system at his house, and normally i would just go with whatever kit was on offer at the time from t'internet. My own system...
Replies
Views
Daughter has bought a house and it has a home security system, G-Tag setup. Issue is the alarm panel displays are pixelated and you cant see...
Replies
Views
I don't fit alarms as my main job but have fitted quite a few over the years whilst we were doing the electrics side of things. I usually fit the...
Replies
Views
Hi All. I have Honeywell Remote Servicing Suite V6, I can connect to the Galaxy Dimension 48 and panel I want to work with, but I can't do...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have an elderly client who is moving into a new house and she wants "All want really is a security system where I can see whose around...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Pyronix Enforcer v9.13 panel. Recently, the panel has been making random alerts (when the system is unarmed) that the bell box...
Replies
Views
Can someone please guide me on this? I have virtually no experience of home alarm systems. The client has an alarm which had been fitted to her...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Might be a stupid question but I have about 30 of these smart+guard alarmed call point covers to deal with. All the batteries are dead...
Replies
Views
Hello How to connect cctv wireless
Replies
Views
Hi All, I want to install two PoE cameras under the roof outside. But I don't know how to run a cable, drill through the wall or through the PVC...
Replies
Views
hi guys. i recently bought a flat that is ex council, 6 flats in the block and has a very old looking door entry system called 'flatmate' thats...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a veritas R8 alarm and corresponding keypad. Recently a powercut caused one of my keypads to stop working. I replaced the battery in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, first post here and in a bit of a pickle... Newly qualified out in the big bad world... I have a job 4 hours from the office so I...
Replies
Views
So I'm wondering is there's a way to grab some low voltage power from the back of a light switch/ I have no other way of getting power to my Ring...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I ended up with a Ring video wired doorbell instead of a Byron video wired doorbell as B&Q were out of stock (had ordered online) and they...
Replies
Views
Our Northern California home built on 1977 has a built-in Gard-Site Smoke Detector model 081-612. It does not has battery. Its mounted on the...
Replies
Views
Hi at a property with a videx vx8000/s keypad entry and art 836 intercom with connected phone with gate button on phone. After a drilling...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just dropped into a care home and they have a 24v fail safe door catch that’s intermittent not releasing so dropped into a supplier on my...
Replies
Views
This isn't really an electrical issue as such but I know you guys are pretty tech savvy and familiar with all the latest and greatest...
Replies
Views
Ive got a project for a client and they like the looks etc. heard NOTHING but good about them etc .But tend to fit Texacom .
Replies
Views
Hi, My alarm system is a Texecom control unit (Premier 64-w) + Keypad + Sounder, and is using the wired zones 1-4 only, with no additional...
Replies
Views
Texecom veritas R8, lost engineers code, how do you factory reset. End user code works ok, but cannot reset without engineers code. can anyone help??
Replies
Views
Hello all, new poster looking for some help. Our roller shutter keyswitch at work needs replacement, and I'm sick of having to insert key, turn...
Replies
Views
I am working within a project that involves access control and video, in a Georgia facility. Another unrelated installer is using properly sized...
Replies
Views
Morning All Qualified electrician, usually stay away from alarms but my friends parents have issues. Texacom Vertas panel, not worked for over 3...
Replies
Views
Buzzer wiring to ACROPRINT FT217 Time Clock - see drawings below Question: I would like to hookup 7 Buzzers to be driven off from the above...
Replies
Views
Running an Ethernet cable to my outdoor studio. I did this successfully before using cat 5 but cable severed. Run a new cable cat 6e. This cable...
Replies
Views
I used to fit Bell door entry systems all the while about 20 years ago but I'm a bit rusty on them now, am I correct in saying if you use a DC...
Replies
Views
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me. I’ve just installed a texecom Veritas alarm in my garage at home and can’t seem to get rid of the...
Replies
Views
I’ve recently moved into a property with a Texecom premier elite system. I’ve been given the engineers code and have read up on the alarm. It...
Replies
Views
Hi. A client has asked for a home security system as part of a rewire. It occured to me that I'm never installing these only ripping them out...
Replies
Views
I have just removed the keypad module (art.3188) on a comelit vandalcom audio intercom and blanked it off. I installed a siemens K42 keypad lower...
Replies
Views
My Veritas R8 Excel panel recently developed a power fault and I have replaced the entire unit and reprogrammed it. I can part set the alarm when...
Replies
Views
So can anyone advise me on our rights regarding security cameras in the UK. our house is detached and i have my own cameras positioned low so not...
Replies
Views
Hi all Is it possible to connect a Texecom Odyssey 1E sounder to an Optima panel using 4 core cable and still allow the bell, strobe and tamper...
Replies
Views
Hi, I moved into a property 2 years ago with this alarm installed. I know the master code. A few weeks ago I started getting battery warnings...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Iam currently studying for my level 1 electric installation . Which btw I am loving. I've always been decent with DIY. But also I have...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve recently installed a texecom veritus excel alarm system but having an issue with the sounder not going off when triggered by the pir I’ve...
Replies
Views
Called to a hotel where the spark doing a refit took down something and then said that he had no idea what it was so they better call someone...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have been installing CCTV camera for a few months. But right now, I have been placed on the service team... I am supposed to replace a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently wiring 3 new flats and have questions about the door access. Theres one main door to the flats which will have an intercom...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Could you please give me some advice - I have the veritas 8 alarm with keypad and today I had to turn the mains off to do some diy work...
Replies
Views
My pir cables are red+ Black - Yellow blue alarm or relay Yellow green tamper However one has different colours Blue Blue white Orange Orange...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a SWANN DVR4-4580V CCTV System. I have the box setup in office A, am wanting to view the feed on TV's in Office B [Main office]. The...
Replies
Views
Client has a 2 bed apartment .And wants basic alarm system fitted with no wires etc due to decoration and disruption etc ! I have Simplisafe as...
Replies
Views
Hi can anyone one run through how I program a zone as a keyswitch on the accenta G4 alarm it has the remote key pad. I've installed a Konnected...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a house with Veritas R8. One PIR is faulty, stopping alarm getting set. Don't have engineer codes (tried 1234, 4321 etc). How can I...
Replies
Views
I am looking to sell my business as i am moving away from the industry. Company established in 2018, turnover of £110,000. I carry out all types...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock