Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Replies
Views
I have scoured the internet to see if I can find a 'legal' definition of an electrician. I cannot! I have found this: What Is A "Qualified...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
When working on domestic premises with a modern board, do you lock off the circuit breaker or main switch? I sometimes do, but not often. I...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all hope all is well, just a quick question to everyone and to get some feedback. How many agree that all domestic properties...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
Seems to be a lot of confusion, that FP cable is the be all, and end all of fire resistant cable. And is only suitable for fire alarms. So let me...
Replies
Views
R
I've recently had a spending spree on new tools and was wonder what other peoples must have top 3 toys were? The ones I've just bought are 1...
Replies
Views
R
Im not 100% on earthing for submains. If the supply is tnc-s you are not ment to export the earthfrom db to say a detached garage?If i did export...
Replies
Views
P
New gas boiler install. Previously no gas in dwelling, water is plastic. So no bonding presently. No other work, boiler supply to use existing...
Replies
Views
Rocky’s pub in Spain… like a Wetherspoons in the UK How rough is that single cabling to external Lamp Column about 10 like this Code Please😂
Replies
Views
Afternoon, I need to create an electrical layout plan for a factory with around 30 DB’s. What software would be best to use, I have AutoCAD...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have any of you had any issues with TPN Fusebox distribution boards? We had a client who said that they won't install them as they are not...
Replies
Views
where do i start , a customer asks me to have a look at thier old swann cctv system which was left by the prev owners . some cameras are not...
Replies
Views
I want to check the insulation of the 3-phase 400VAC asynchronous squirrel cage motor. Motor's stator windings are connected in delta. I've read...
Replies
Views
What tests and certification do you do for motors supplied via a motor control panel, DoL, soft starts, VSD, star delta, etc?
Replies
Views
Hi guys I’m at one of the funny times in my career where I can’t decide on what I want to do. I’m wondering if one of you experiences folks can...
Replies
Views
Hi, just looking for advice. Ive been to look at a Fire alarm install job. While checking where i will take my supply from. 3 phase sub board, i...
Replies
Views
Hi, I kinda think I know the answer to this but will ask opinion anyway. I am fitting a new compressor pump and motor to my receiver and have...
Replies
Views
Multiple commercial units within the same steel frame cant each have a PME supply (from the same transformer), we have to install an earth...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I have a inverter configuration problem I thought someone here might be able to help with. I'm not looking for a specific solution...
Replies
Views
Is it acceptable to lim on eic for supply characteristics? I had a job in a hospital today and I couldnt gain access to the Switch room and the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone advice me on how to take in the effect of Ground Enhansing Material (GEM) used in Electrical Earthing to reduse the earth resistance...
Replies
Views
Morning all, We are looking at qualification requirements for inspection and testing to BS EN 60204, all of our work is past the main isolator of...
Replies
Views
Having to wire around a messed up output for a month or so. Some sort of program corruption is keeping the central lubrication system from...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I've been on jobs splicing and installing Pot head Terminations of 13800V PILC cable and I cant help but think our mix of lead to tin is...
Replies
Views
Hi Have the regs for Zone 1 changed I was told that there is a max voltage now for zone 1 lighting
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am an electrician working for a OEM machinery manufacturer based in Germany, we are the local hub that is now taking over the...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm supervising maintaining a building powered by a 1250 Amps and i had a total blackout twice within a week. Checking the MCB and it's...
Replies
Views
M
Hello all, This is my first post so hope I'm in the right place for my question! I sell single-phase frequency invertors that drive variable-speed...
Replies
Views
N
So how many are aware of the difference between these two Standards? I had these highlighted to me a few years ago and it was news to me. The...
    • Informative
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Happy Friday! Could someone please point me in the right direction, I’m after the Max Zs for a Bill Talisman TLF633 63A MCCB, I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a sparkie based in London. I am trying to shift from installation and maintenance to Testing. I did not use my 2391 for a number of...
Replies
Views
Hi all i have asked a electrician about the mic level i would need to power the following machines a 45kva cnc mill, a 32kva cnc mill and a 60 kva...
Replies
Views
Dear All, Need advice on some strange tripping occurred in our industry, our Protection Relay Micom P111, settings are below, our relay tripped...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am due to start the compex ex 01 - 04 at the end of June. From hearing back about a number of people who have failed the course it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, long time no show I know. Anyway, started a new job few years ago, there is a pre-historic gear cutter with a Q series Mitsubishi PLC in...
Replies
Views
B
An isolator had heat damage and was replaced, not by me, but the new isolator is 125A instead of 40A. They found one and threw it on. I locked it...
Replies
Views
Hi All I’m in charge of the maintenance (machinery and facilities) in a plastics manufacturing business. I have a ‘team’ of little old me and an...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post so please advise if there is a more appropriate board! I have recently applied...
Replies
Views
Our company in the UK had its Periodic Inspection done over a year ago but now we’ve lost the EICR. We’ve contacted the company who did the...
Replies
Views
Went to a job this week where we replaced a slip ring motor. We went back as it was not running upto full speed which we found was due to the oil...
Replies
Views
I have been tasked with seeing if a site is capable of accommodating a large new installation. I have done some working out but I'm not sure if...
Replies
Views
Hi, Main LVAC Board, Directly Fed from a Transformer. What do i put as an OCPD on my BS7671 Test sheet? Since I don't believe the Transformer has...
Replies
Views
Dear forum members, Would you give please a practical tips how to measure and what measurement equipment to use (with some examples if possible)...
Replies
Views
Where can I find Industrial Electric Diagrams to study and learn from please! Thank you!
Replies
Views
I am looking for the B1 case size they made between the 1971 (GEC D case type) and when Siemens took over the brand. I don't have access to the...
Replies
Views
While driving home from Runcorn today via mid Wales my mind started wandering. I started thinking about HV safety distances. Now I know that at...
Replies
Views
Hey all, looking for a bit of industrial electrical advice, I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment, the company I work...
Replies
Views
Bit of a long shot but has anyone got a circuit diagram for a Megger Foster OTS 60PB oil breakdown tester. Ours has gone 'breasts skyward' and I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have a Merlin Gerin Compact NS100N Single Phase MCCB I've been asked to find its Max ZS Values and to be honest I cant find anything...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Fairly new to the forum I think I'm in the right thread. I'm hoping to get some advice. I originally served my apprenticeship as...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a question trying to understand earthing arrangments SO, We have a DNO Substation, 4 Core armoured Feeding the Distribution Board...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm a service engineer from Malaysia and come across a simple problem. I work with instrumentation and the problem I face with is...
Replies
Views
Cable calcs using cable calc app Working out cable size for a workshop. 100m long, 100a supply, mccb 100a zs- 0.23 ohms, in a duct on its own...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have been asked to install individual three-phase supplies for a band saw and table saw. Having trouble figuring out the correct cable...
Replies
Views
Hi all :) I teach Electricity in France. With my english teacher, we want to create an activity for our student. The goal for students is to...
Replies
Views
Hello Folks Myself Arif Patel Preston Dubai, I Wanted To Know Which Type Of Wires Uses In AC's At Offices? If You Know Please Reply Thank You!
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m Not getting enough torque on startup to turn pump. Turns pump successfully maybe 1 in 6 times on startup and then fine at full speed...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock